HOME MADE COCONUT CINNAMON ROLLS
Updated: Aug 10, 2018
Hey, dearies !!! Today I am sharing my Homemade Soft cinnamon rolls with light vanilla cold glaze. These are super moist & fluffy, easy to make. The aroma of cinnamon while baking is just awesome & unforgettable. You can eat them for breakfast, as a snack or as a dessert. Enjoy these warm rolls right out of the oven, with some black coffee. Let’s jump into the blessed world of baking and cooking. My way of baking!!!!!
INGREDIENTS are very basic.
3 & half cups All purpose flour + extra for dusting
1 cup warm milk
4 tbsp sugar
2.5 tsp active dry yeast
1 tbsp salt
¼th cup honey
¼th cup melted butter
1/4th cup melted butter
1 cup brown sugar
2 and half tbsp. of freshly ground cinnamon powder
1 cup freshly grated coconut
3-4 tbsp of cold vanilla glaze
2-3 tbsp of warm milk
½ tsp vanilla extract
2-3 tbsp powdered sugar
How to prepare
Proof the yeast first. In a bowl add yeast4 tbsp of sugar and 1 cup of warm milk. Stir to dissolve.
1. Prepare the dough. In a large bowl combine flour, proofed yeast, salt and milk. Knead the dough with hands or stand mixer. Add butter, honey and egg. Knead until the dough is soft and sticky. If the dough is too runny and sticky you can add more flour. Transfer the kneaded dough into the greased large bowl, cover it with towel. Place the bowl at warm place like in the oven. Let it rise.
2. Now prepare the filling. In a bowl add sugar, cinnamon powder. Keep ready the grated coconut in another bowl.
3. After first rise the dough should have doubled in size. Remove the towel and transfer the dough on the well- floured or dusted surface of the kitchen counter. Knead the dough with the help of additional flour until it becomes smooth and non- sticky.
4. Roll the dough into a large rectangle shape. Spread the generous amount of melted butter over the rolled dough. Sprinkle the brown sugar and cinnamon powder. Sprinkle the grated coconut on it. Now roll up the dough from down to up and slice them evenly.
5. Place these rolls into greased pan. Cover it with cloth or towel for second rise.
6. Bake the cinnamon rolls in a preheated oven at 180 digree for 25-30 minutes, until golden brown.
7. While the rolls are baking, prepare the glaze. In a bowl add cold glaze, milk, sugar and vanilla extract. Mix it well, adjust the glaze to your requirement.
8. Remove the cinnamon rolls from the oven. While still warm, pour or drizzle the glaze.
9. Enjoy these warm coconut cinnamon rolls with coffee.
* Kneading dough helps to develop the flavor and texture of the bread, so kneading is important step. Bread dough will be sticky. But after first rise it will settle, you can handle it easily.
* Glaze should be smooth and runny. You can prepare any sort of glaze & icing, it’s totally up to you. I prefer cold vanilla glaze because my girls love to eat with less glaze and icing.
*Adjust the recipe to your liking and taste, include nuts and dry fruits.
*I made these rolls in two batches.
*My girls asked me to add some chocolate chips on top, so i added some. You can totally omit this step.
" First time I baked them up....so please don't judge by shape and looks. Make these rolls for family and friends, & you won't be disappointed."