Homemade Red Tomato Sauce
Updated: Oct 16, 2019
Fresh tomatoes 🍅, onion , few garlics, combination of salt and sugar & a few more simple ingredients and that’s it. Very delicious and made with the goodness of fresh ingredients & seasonings. You can keep this tomato sauce in the fridge for one week. Nothing can beat this homemade fresh tomato sauce. It’s the base for many delicious and wonderful dishes. If you want to turn this sauce into meat sauce, simply add chicken or meat into this.
I use tomato sauce in many of my recipes. In India, its common to use red sauce in many dishes. Feel free to use your choice of spices & dry herbs. It’s a super quick recipe, easy to make, and you will be happy with the results😊☺️ Either you can make a chunky tomato sauce or the smooth one. Optional herbs, chili flakes or seasonings can be added to make in your own way.
Ingredients & quantity to make this sauce
• 5-6 Large tomatoes
• 3-4 tbsp tomato puree( homemade )
• 1 Large onion
• 5-6 Garlic
• 2 Bay leaves
• 1 tbsp salt
• 1 tbsp sugar
• 1 tbsp Italian seasoning
• 1 tbsp black pepper ( homemade )
• 2-3 tbsp olive oil
Instructions to make this sauce
• Chop the tomatoes, onions and garlic. In a heavy sauce pan add 2-3 tablespoon of olive oil. Add chopped onions.
• Sauté until translucent or soft in texture. Add chopped garlics. Again, sauté until fragrant. Be careful here, we don’t want to burn garlic.
• Add tomato puree and chopped tomatoes. You can also use canned chopped tomatoes.
• Combine everything well, cover the sauce pan with lid and cook until soft and juicy.
• Add dry seasonings along with pepper, salt and sugar. You can add chili flakes too for more spice.
• Add bay leaf too, for more flavor. If sauce gets thick, add little water. Simmer about 5-10 minutes or until all the flavors come together.
• Remove the bay leaf, once the sauce is done.
Notes for making this sauce
• Customize this sauce according to your taste and liking.
• If you like smoother sauce, then just puree it in a blender.
• You can also use canned tomatoes if you are in a hurry.
• You can make in a large quantity and store it in a fridge for later use.
• This delicious sauce goes perfect with pastas, lasagna, spaghetti etc.
• Use herbs and spices according to your taste.
• It’s always better to use fresh ingredients for more taste and flavor.
If you like this recipe, share with your friends and family😊😊🤗
link for youTube : https://youtu.be/jzjsG9qhsmw
Website link : https://www.addanky.com/
Blog link : https://joyfulbakingblog.blogspot.com/