Updated: Sep 21, 2019
Tonight, it’s Lasagna…wow!!! Lasagna is the most delicious and beloved Italian food on the earth. This classic Italian authentic, made with Béchamel & homemade red sauce. It’s cheesy, full of sauces, fresh ingredients, mouthwatering…. oh!!! I am falling short of words to describe Lasagna.
I always wanted to bake Lasagna. Because of its time taking process, I was just pulling my hands back every day. I constantly procrastinate baking it, because it takes a while. One day I decided to bake for my family. No one was around in the corner; I was all alone in the house. And it turned out AWESOME!!
Lasagna is all about layering, plenty of cheese, sauce, filling and assembling the sheets. So many additions you can add. The best part of making Lasagna is that you can customize it in any way you want.
Although it’s not a super healthy, but who does not love Lasagna? I love it.❤️❤️️ wonderful recipe, wonderful word “LASAGNA”
My way of baking Lasagna….
Ingredients for layering
One big bowl of minced chicken
One to two table spoon of olive oil
One cup of chicken broth
One large onion
Two medium tomatoes
Two to three Celery sticks with leaves
Half a cup of chopped fresh coriander
Two table spoon of ginger garlic paste
One table spoon of chili powder
One table spoon of oregano
You can add any other seasoning or herbs of your choice
Béchamel sauce https://youtu.be/AtCD0lLZFT4
Red sauce https://youtu.be/jzjsG9qhsmw
Spinach lasagna sheets (boiled sheets)
1. In a large pan heat olive oil on medium high heat.
2. Add chopped onions, sauté until golden brown. Add ginger garlic paste & mix well. Add chopped tomatoes.
3. Sauté for 5 minutes or until the tomatoes softened.
4. Add minced chicken and combine well.
5. Add all the dry ingredients like salt, chili powder, oregano or other seasoning of your choice.
6. Add chicken broth and cook for 5 to 10 minutes or until the chicken softened. Stir occasionally, scrape the bottom of the pan so that the chicken won’t stick.
7. Cook until you get soft and dry texture of the chicken mix.
8. Before removing from heat, add coriander and celery.
Assembling the Lasagna layers
Step one: Pour red sauce to the bottom of the dish.
Step two: Put lasagna sheets.
Step three: Apply plenty of Béchamel sauce on top of the lasagna sheets. Coat evenly.
Step four: Spread cooked minced chicken.
Step five: Top up with desired cheese
Step six: More stripped cheese on top.
Step seven: Repeat the same layering process twice or thrice.
Step eight: On the top of the last layer put some extra cheese, after all its Lasagna.
Step nine: Cover with aluminum foil & bake for 40 minutes, uncover and bake for another 10-15 minutes or until the top cheese layer is golden brown and bubbly. Let stand for 10 minutes and enjoy!!!
Tips for making perfect lasagna
1. Feel free to use plenty of cheese.😉
2. Always better to use fresh ingredients, including fresh tomatoes instead of canned ones.
3. You can bake lasagna with veggies or as well as with meat.
4. You can add your favorite veggies, spices, herbs and types of cheese which you like.
5. It’s better to make Béchamel sauce and red sauce in advance, for quick assembly the day you want to bake lasagna.
6. Add tiny bit of olive oil in the boiling water while boiling lasagna sheets, to keep them away from sticking together.
7. You can use no boil sheets too instead of boiled one.
8. Adjust the recipe according to your taste and liking.
“The way to a man’s heart is through his stomach”
Enjoy the recipe !!!
Try this recipe and do let me know how it turned out.......
Béchamel sauce recipe https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AtCD0lLZFT4&t=185s
Red sauce foe lasagna https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jzjsG9qhsmw&t=52s
You tube link https://youtu.be/IeGMHXcHZlE