Lemon Cake Recipe (With A Twist) The perfect dessert cake
Updated: Sep 23
Time for another cake .....The most popular cake recipe....Lemon Cake !!!
I just the love the flavor of lemon, it's aroma...it's just magical. If you are a lemon lover like me 😉than my special cake recipe is here. I have made this cake with a twist and this twist is just like icing on the cake😋. Cake is flavored with lemon zest, drizzeled with vanilla glaze...the ultimate sweet dessert for lemon lovers. I am a lemon 🍋🍋lover too.
This cake is super soft, sweet, moist and too delicious. Just melt in your mouth. The flavour and texture is super great just as a lemon cake should be. I have layered the cake with the twist of cinnamon, brown sugar and hazelnut. I did not use wheat flour to make this recipe as all purpose flour gives good airy texture to the cake but you can replace the APF with wheat flour. Again white sugar or brown sugar choice is yours.
All you need is some basic ingredients to make this cake. Curd makes the cake super moist. Lemon zest gives the aroma as well as great flavor plus helpful in balancing the sweetness. Lemons are the base of this cake. Lemons are so aromatic, refreshing and healthy too. It smells amazing.
Adding a layer of 3 ingredients mix in this cake is a great idea. You can use this mix as topping on any other tea time cakes, or just simply eat it. It's just delicious. This cake with a little twist turned out so great !!! A different thing to try❤️❤️
What you will need to make lemon cake
1/2 Cup soft butter
2 tbsp Curd
1 tbsp Vanilla essence
2 Whole eggs
1 tbsp Lemon zest
3/4 th Cup powdered sugar (160 gms)
1 Cup APF
1 tsp Baking powder
1/4 th tsp salt or (Pinch of salt)
30 gms Brown sugar
30 gms Hazelnut
2 tbsp Cinnamon powder
Process or pulse the above 3 ingredients to make a coarse powder.
SIMPLE VANILLA GLAZE
1 and 1/4 th cup of powdered sugar
3 tablespoon milk
1 tbsp vanilla essence
* Mix milk into sugar.
* 1 Tbs at a time.
* Add vanilla essence.
* Mix very well with a rubber spatula or whisker until blended and smooth.
* Drizzle on desired product.
Adjust the consistency by adding milk if it is too thick and add sugar if it is too thin. Use immediately. You can make this glaze with water also instead of milk. I have used Vizyon vanilla glaze in this recipe. https://www.bakewala.com/vizyon-vanilla-cold-glaze-200g
180 ° C for 45-50 minutes.
PROCEDURE OR PREPARATION
1. Grease your cake tin and line with parchment paper, set aside.
2. In a bowl, cream the soft butter and powdered sugar together until light and fluffy.
Once the butter and sugar are well creamed, scrape the bowl with rubber spatula.
3. After creaming, add eggs in to this, one at a time. Beating required after each addition. Beat until well combined. ( keep the mixer on low & beat the eggs)
4. Add curd, lemon zest and vanilla essence one by one. Beat the wet ingredients on low or until well combined.
5. Scrape down the wet ingredients from sides.
6. Into this sift our dry ingredients.
7. Combine everything. There should be no lumps. Batter should be smooth nd lump free.
8. Pour the half batter evenly into greased pan.
9. Now sprinkle the 3 ingredients powder ( cinnamon, hazelnut and brown sugar )
10. Again pour the rest of the cake batter, spread it evenly.
11. Bake the cake in preheated oven at 180 ° C for 45-50 minutes or until done.
12. Check the cake by inserting a toothpick into the centre, If it comes out clean, cake is ready. If thoothpick has wet batter on it, bake it for another 5-10 minutes.
13. Allow the cake to cool completely.
Here comes the glaze on cake.
1. Drizzle the glaze on cake or simply apply with the brush. Sprinkle generously the 3 ingredients mix powder on top. It's ready to serev and eat😋😋
2. If not comfortable with glaze , simply dust the confectioners' sugar and serve. A simple dusting of white sugar is all that is needed on most cake desserts.
SPECIAL TIPS AND NOTES
* Always make sure to grease the cake tin and line it with parchment paper, before hand. Cake will come out easily.
* Cream the butter and sugar seperately for longer minutes. Butter should be in room temperture. If I says room temperature it means soft butter not the melted one.
Creaming makes the cake texture light and fluffy. Skipping the step means A dense cake in hands.
* Cakes and bread baking needs perfect measurments. Accurate measurments makes a perfect cake. So, be exact.
* Always sift your dry ingredients.
* Scrape the cake batter from sides with spatula. Ingredients will be incorporated evenly. I love scrapping the batter.
* Once cake is in oven, setteled quietly ...please not to open the oven door until done. Once done, wait and let the cake cool down.
* Time and temperature may vary. Every ovens work differently.
Enjoy the easiest and tastiest Lemon cake ever!!! My version.....
Did you make this recipe ??
I'd love to know how it turned out for you!! Please let me know by leaving a comment.
My social media contacts
Click a photo and share it on my Instagram page; be sure to tag me
Youtube video of lemon cake
All photographs and videos are original and copyright © . These photos and videos are exclusive property of Leena’s Kitchen Counter and https://www.addanky.com/
Leena’s Kitchen Counter ( Youtube Channel ) https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCJQmHol7XFT7roOcSQ6f9xw is owned and operated by Leena Addanky.