WHEAT FLOUR CHOCOLATE CHIPS COOKIES
Updated: Oct 16, 2019
Whole wheat cookies are not just great in taste as well as these are good biting snacks for toddlers. WW cookies are also healthy and nutritious. We can also add dry fruits & nuts to it, to increase the goodness & nutrient value.
If kids are fussy and finicky then just grind or powder the dry fruits and nuts and add into the dry ingredients. (a clever tip from a struggling mom of fussy kids)
Okey, this is such a easy recipe, you need a handful of easy ingredients, am sure which you already have in your kitchen cupboard.
These tea time cookies go well with evening tea or morning coffee. Biscuits and cookies are one of the greatest combination for tea time or tea parties. This WW cookies are one of the simplest and easiest cookies you will ever make. You don’t need a pre-mix or any other fancy equipment for making these little healthy cookies, just a handful of ingredients and your choice of nuts & dry fruits. These cookies were my attempt or you can say my experiment which turned out pretty yum that I couldn't resist my self stopping with just one cookie.
Taste and texture: Nothing can beat these cookies in taste as they are made up of WW.
Crispy crust and chewy and soft on the inside.
Without taking more time, I will take you guys to the recipe, ingredients & pictorials…
Let’s have a look to the required INGREDIENTS
Dry Ingredients Wet Ingredients
Wheat flour 1 and 1/4th cup 1 Whole egg
Brown sugar 1 cup 1 tsp Vanilla extract
White Chocolate chips 1 cup 1/2 cup Butter
Raisins ½ cup ( milk if needed )
Corn starch 1 tbsp
Baking soda ½ tsp
Salt ½ tsp
Cocoa powder 1 and ½ tbsp
My way of baking METHOD
1. Cream the butter and sugar with the help of a whisker till the sugar is completely blended with butter. Mixture should look light and fluffy.
2. Add a large egg and vanilla extract and keep stirring till all the ingredients are uniformly mixed.
3. Wet ingredients mixture is ready.
4. Sift the dry ingredients and add into the butter sugar mixture.
5. Finally add raisins and white Chocolate chips & give it a stir.
6. Do not knead, just combine smoothly to form a dough.
7. If the dough is really tight and thick, add one or two tbsp. of milk just to loosen the dough.
8. Scoop out the dough, roll into a ball. flatten them with spoon or rolling pin.
9. Place these flatten cookies into a lined cookie tray. (I flatten the cookie balls after baking of 8 minutes, again kept it for further baking.)
10. Bake these cookies in pre-heated oven for 15-18 minutes at 160 digrees or till they turn slightly golden.
11. Let them cool completely, cookies will be little soft when hot but soon cookies will turn crunchy and chewy when cooled.
NOTE: You can flatten the cookie dough before putting it in oven or else let it bake for 5-8 minutes then take out the tray and flatten them with a spoon, again bake them for 10 minutes or until turn crispy.
Whole wheat flour makes the cookies little dense.
When the cookies are baked, it cracks on top which is quite normal, gives a nice crispy crust on top and bottom and chewy inner side.
1. All ingredients should be in room temperature specially butter and egg.
2. Here am using wheat flour, alternatively you can use plain flour too.
3. If cookie dough is really tight, add 1-2 tbsp. of milk, one spoon at a time.
4. Time and temperature may vary for different ovens.
5. Adjust the recipe as per your preference.
Hope you will give this a try and let me know how it turns out for you.
!!Bake with love ❤️ ❤️!!
For more recipes & ideas do follow on youtube https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCJQmHol7XFT7roOcSQ6f9xw?view_as=subscriber
Youtube link for this recipe https://youtu.be/XU5geC2z7as
My blog https://joyfulbakingblog.blogspot.com/
My website https://www.addanky.com/