Whole Wheat Healthy Brownies
Updated: Aug 10, 2018
I wanted to bake light & little moist cakey brownies. I didn’t want to bake fully loaded with chocolates & too much sugery or sticking in teeth. Recipe contains olive oil, home made butter milk, Cocoa powder for chocolate flavor. A little pinch of baking powder which help to rise the brownies.
Brownies can be chewy, cakey, fudgy with full of chocolates. My brownie recipe yields little cakey texture, chewy,without chocolates. Texture is quite different from regular brownies. I baked in two batches ,different pans. The baking smell was coming out from my kitchen was sweet & divine.
There are many different ways to customise this brownie recipe, I used my easy way of baking. You can adjust this recipe to your liking & include nuts, chocolates etc. No one could tell the difference between AP flour & whole wheat flour. Let's bake these Wonderful brownies with love ❤️
Basic Ingredients For This Recipe
1 cup Whole wheat flour
1 cup sugar
1/2 cup semolina
1/3 cup cocoa powder
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 tsp baking soda
2/3 cup Olive oil
1/2 cup home made butter milk
1 tbsp vanilla essence
2 large eggs
1. Sift all the dry ingredients in to a bowl.
2. Add wet ingredients into dry ingredients. ( Crack the eggs one by one )
3. Whisk well to combine.Make sure there should be no lumps in the batter.The batter should fall back on itself in thick ribbons.
4. Prepare the tin or pan with baking sheets. Leave some over hang sheets on both side,so then you can easily pull out the baked brownie from the tin. Pour evenly into in prepared pans. I baked in two batches .
5. Bake the brownies in preheated oven at 175º C for 15 to 20 minutes or until done.
6. Once the brownies are completely cooles ,lift the edges of the baking sheet 7 transfer it to a cutting board.
7. Pour quite warm chocolate syrup on top and cut them into pieces.
- You can substitute suger with jaggery or with brown sugar.
- Texture will be quite different from regular brownies as we are using whole wheat flour.
- Customise these brownies with nuts,chocolate, choco chips etc.
- For rich brownies, add good amount of chocolate.